Careers with Bairs Foundation
Below are our current open positions available with Bairs Foundation. All positions are based in Buffalo, NY, unless noted otherwise. If you think you would be an asset to our team but do not see a relevant position open currently, please feel free to reach out.
Director of Development
Full-time employment + travel
Location: Buffalo, NY office
Bairs Foundation is looking for a highly ambitious, experienced Director of Development to take over management of the organization. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of fundraising with an ability to apply and adapt that understanding to the plaintiff civil justice space.
The primary function of the Director of Development is planning, organizing, and directing all of the Bairs Foundation’s fundraising. The Director of Development is also responsible for handling all daily operations from managing existing and new relationships with clients, attorneys, and donors, overseeing all social media and marketing initiatives, maintaining all finances, and data management and analysis for monthly reporting to Board of Directors. The Director works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
This position will have national responsibilities, and some travel will be required.
- Plan and execute all fundraising initiatives, including special events, online campaigns, letter mailings, appeals for corporate support, etc.
- Manage and cultivate donor relationships, including creation of a high-level donor management and outreach plan
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
- Oversee online content production, social media activity, and all marketing initiatives
- Identify and capitalize on new PR opportunities
- Leverage technology to manage client communications, demographic information, data organization and analysis to improve operational efficiencies
- Oversee and maintain all finances, including monthly review of reports
- Acting liaison between Foundation and the Board of Directors, holding quarterly board meetings and keeping the board informed on any and all significant developments
- Maintain existing vendor and business relationships
- Coordinate fundraising special events
- Direct employee fundraising drives and events
- Oversee prospect research
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Bairs Foundation with the community
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
- Perform other related duties as requested
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience cultivating donors is preferred
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be an innovative leader with creative problem-solving skills
- Must embrace the mission of the Foundation and have a passion for justice and advocacy
- Must be a self-starter and goal driven, with an ability to work independently under minimal supervision, but also take direction/guidance well
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and juggle multiple tasks/projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Display a positive attitude, have patience, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening ability
- Previous experience with website management and/or event planning is a plus
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications
- Attractive benefits include health insurance, 401k match, generous PTO policies, and opportunity for travel
- Excellent working environment (success driven, fun, friendly, and collaborative)